Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Kayla's Bridal Shower


This is Kayla. And me. She's my BFF.



This is Tatum. She's my other BFF. We (with the help of her sis and MOH, Sarah,) planned her shower together.


We had lots of yummy good food, so if you're looking for a light menu for a shower or luncheon, take heed:

1. artichoke spinach dip with tortilla chips

2. fruit tray with cream cheese/yogurt dip

3. strawberry lemonade punch

4. mini cheesecakes with fruit in phyllo dough

5. mini meatballs

6. cajun shrimp tray with avacado buttermilk ranch

7. white cake with strawberry filling and almond buttercream

Here's my latest cake. I was quite proud b/c it is my first two tier and I didn't mess it up too bad. I baked an 6" cake and stacked it on an 8" cake. In order to stack tiers you must prepare them for the weight (otherwise, the top tier would sink like the Titanic!) This cake has four, but I put six in mine just for safe keeping! It's super easy! Try a tiered cake: everyone will be impressed!


PS I will post recipes for the above menu items as I decide to make them!



1 comment:

  1. What do you mean by this? "In order to stack tiers you must prepare them for the weight (otherwise, the top tier would sink like the Titanic!) This cake has four, but I put six in mine just for safe keeping!" How do you prepare for the weight and what are the "four" or "six" weight bearers?

    ReplyDelete