Friday, July 10, 2009

Rice Cookies

Rice cookies. Betcha thought I was talking about cookies made out of rice. Gross. My dog's name is Rice, and I LOVE to bake but don't need all the extra calories and fun things like that. My dear sister Elaine bought me this lovely cookie cutter at Michael's yesterday and told me to bake some dog treats. So I did.



First you mix 1 c. milk with 1 c. PButter. Throw in 2 c. flour and 1 T. baking powder. Knead it like a dough and roll it about 1/4 in. flat. (You can see how I was baking for my doggie, but yet still getting the satisfying feeling I get when I roll out normal sugar cookie dough.)


Punch a million (or so it seemed, but it was actually 33) cookies out and stick them on a greased baking sheet. I recommend AirBake. Why? Because if you're a Meadows, and I was one for 23 years, you burn cookies. AirBake won't let you. Unless you leave them in there for 3 days or so.



Bake em at 375 for 20 minutes. They come out looking yummy, but smelling doggish/PBish...not goodish at all. Now I know you're wondering if I ate one (I didn't), but if someone does, please tell me. I'm super curious.



I gave Rice one while it was still warm (because humans like cookies right out of the oven, right?) and this was what she did:


I decided to share the wealth with my dear friend Lily and her dog, Amos. Or keep them all for your dog. I won't judge you.
In parting, I think Borat says it best, GREAT SUCCESS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment